Friday, July 6, 2012

4th of July

I did it. I stepped outside of my comfort zone and we traveled to LA for the 4th to spend the night at Dan and Britt's. I have been wanting to go to LA so bad and stay with them, but I've been terrified about how the little kiddos would sleep at night.  After Andrew got off work on the 3rd, we headed down to LA and got there a little before 8.  Colby went OFF THE WALL!!  He was so hyper and LOVING that he was center of attention. He was purposely trying to get us all to laugh, it was so funny watching him go crazy.  We didn't even try putting him to sleep until after 10, he was hyper for that long.  We had Kami, Andrew, and I laying on the living room floor, Colby in a pack n play behind the couch so he couldn't see us, and Parker in his carseat in the closet. I hardly slept because I was having crazy anxiety, but they did so good!  Colby actually woke up whining for some reason (he's been doing that lately, but I can ignore it when he's at home in his crib) I didn't want him to wake everyone up including Parker, so I picked him up and let him sleep on me.  I just watching him sleep for an hour and a half, he was just so precious. Then Parker started waking up at 4:00, so I put Colby back in his crib and went and fed Parker, and he went back down super easily as well.  Love those kids, maybe we can do it again now that we had success.

The next morning, we headed for the beach to spend the 4th of July at the beach. We were welcomed by the clouds, wind, and COLD. (perhaps it was cold because I just might be getting used to the 100 degree bakersfield weather). but luckily the sun came out around 2:00.  Colby didn't seem to mind the cold one bit. he played in the ocean, and the rest of the day he spent it in his diaper while I was all wrapped up in a blanket.  He had so much fun at the beach, this makes me so excited to go to Hawaii at the end of the month.  We had such a great relaxing day at the beach. I absolutely loved our little break.

1 comment: