Sunday, July 22, 2012

Colby at 2 years

I can't believe my little boy is 2 years old! He's such a crazy kid, and I love him to pieces!  He is always making me laugh either by what he says or what he's doing.  I love watching him copy everything his daddy does. It's way too cute.  I took him to the doctors yesterday for his check-up.  Having the doctors give a 2 year old shots makes me more sad than giving a baby shots. But colby took it like a champ and was super happy about the sucker afterwards.  Here are his 2 year stats:

Weight: 23.8 lbs
Height: 34 in.

He's just growing so fast.  He's still in the 5th percentile, but they aren't too worried since he's consistant with the 5th percentile and isn't going down.

Colby loves:

Reading certain books over and over and over again
His stuffed animals
Acting like his stuffed animals are babies (copies what I do with Parker and practices them on his animals)
Playing cars (especially his digger)
playing on my Ipad
watching the beginning of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and one of the baby einstein movies
playing outside whenever he can for as long as he can
pretending to drive
jumping into the pool
being on the counter when i'm cooking
chasing around the house
and many many more things

He's in a toddler bed now. He's so good with it, I put him in and tell him to wait for me to get him, so when he wakes up in the morning or after his naps he still waits in bed for me to get him.  I know it's only a matter of time before he figures out that he can get out and roam the house, but right now i'm enjoying how cute it is that he still just lays there and waits.  He loves Parker, sometimes he doesn't understand how rough he's being with him, but I can tell he just wants to play with him and love him.  Colby also has three out of his four 2 year molars in.  The last should be coming any day now.

This past weekend we threw him a birthday party and it ended up being so much fun!  I had a great time watching as everything came together.  Andrew and I decorated he birthday cake, we made little cars out of apples and grapes, and dipped strawberries and pineapples in chocolate. Fantastic food if you ask me (that's why we chose it).  We had a slip n slide, rented a big blow up slide, and filled the kid pool up.  We never even made it over to the big pool.  The kids seemed to love the slide.  They were still a little young to go down the slide on their own for the most part, but the parents had fun taking the kids down (at least andrew and I had a great time)






No comments:

Post a Comment