Friday, June 1, 2012

Oregon

Going back to Oregon was probably the best thing for my little family.  We were there a little over a week and it was such a stress relief.  Parker began sleeping at night (YAY).  I was actually able to feed him, and put him back down.  Yes i still had to try and burp him a couple times, but i didn't have to walk around with him for an hour.  I even put him in his own room, but it was right on the other side of the wall so i still heard him, but didn't wake up for every sound.  I'm now getting about 5 hours or so of sleep a night and I'm SO much happier. He's even sleeping for a 6-7 hour stretch of time (which happens to be from 8-2 because if i wake him up at 11 to eat, he still wakes at 2...bummer).

While we were in Oregon we visited the Portland Zoo.  I haven't been there in SO long, it's so pretty! Colby enjoyed it a lot more than I thought, but i think he enjoyed the freedom he got more than actually seeing the animals.  His favorite animals were the hippo, the giraffe, the ducks, the elephant, and the monkeys. his favorite THINGS were the water puddles, the stairs, and a bird that landed next to him.


Colby also learned some colors over the week.  Before this last week the only color he knew was pink (slightly embarrassing) but he's picked up on yellow, orange, and green, and sometimes blue. He also knows how to count to 10 pretty well (with encouragement, if i say a number he usually knows what comes next), and when i ask him "what's rock hard?" he hits his abs. I love teaching him new things :)

Back to Oregon though...we didn't do too much, but it was so nice to just relax and have more time.  We made it to the park a couple times, went out to dinner, and just played outside.  My parents were a great help with the two so that I was able to get some much needed freedom.

 Parkers favorite spot - right next to papa

Swinging is always a good time

first bath together

finding ways to entertain him outside 

Couldn't get Colby to give me a smile, so this is what i got

My parents came back with me to Bakersfield since we are blessing Parker on Saturday.  You know those stupid people who hold up traffic on the freeway? well that was us. My backpack was not secured in the back of the truck, so within a few minutes of getting on the freeway the tragedy happened, my bag fell out while in the fast lane.  We pull over to the left, and while backing up (yes, backing up on the freeway) i'm trying to think of everything i have in that bag.  Diapers, wipes, some sandwiches and snacks.  I'm in the clear! nothing worthwhile. And then it dawns on me that perhaps i have a few valuables... my phone, my cheaper camera...not too bad, and then i remember...MY IPAD!!! We HAVE to get it back!!! We see my bag there between the middle and far left lane. My dad gets out of the truck, my mom starts hysterically praying, and I watch my bag as cars dodge it. 2 lanes of traffic stops for my dad to rescue my Ipad.  My phone was in the side pocket, so that was definitely gone. I open up my bag to find all the crackers are now crumbs, the sandwiches completely flat...and there's my Ipad. I pull it out, open it up, and the screens lights up beautifully. Unbelievable. It survived getting ran over by cars. I'm so incredibly blessed that I did not have to break that news to Andrew.

No comments:

Post a Comment