Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Kids are my life

So after walking out of the doctors office less than a week ago because they tried to tell me they dont take our insurance, I spent the rest of the afternoon calling every doctor in bakersfield and the only people that did take my insurance were on the east side of town. Not only did i not want to go over there by myself, but i knew this doctors office took my insurance. So i sucked up my pride and called and set an appointment AGAIN. We got things worked out and it went a lot smoother this time.  We are still going to change our insurance next month so we don't have to deal with this doctors office anymore.

2 month stats:
21 1/4 inches long
weighs 9 lbs 5.9 oz

He's gaining weight slowly, in the 5th percentile.  I could tell the doctor wanted me to supplement again, but I might try to squeeze in another feeding instead since last time the formula made him throw up all the time.  Colby was the same way, very slow at gaining weight, so we aren't too concerned. He also has torticollis (his neck muscles are tight on one side) so we need to work on stretching that out and strengthening the other side. Hopefully all goes well!

I still can't believe Parker is TWO MONTHS OLD!!! How crazy is that?! And i can't believe it's been 2 months since i've slept!!  it almost feels like an achievement and that i should be receiving some time of award or something. I can usually use lack of sleep to get myself a back rub from a concerned hubby (he's afraid i might snap at any moment).  You know how you go through trials and those trials help make you stronger for other trials? Lets just say I'm terrified for what baby #3 will bring (no i'm not expecting, pretty sure i'm going to have to become normal again before i can even bring up THINKING about having another child to Andrew)


Here's a typical night:

  • Put Colby down at 8
  • Feed/bathe Parker shortly after (usually around 8:15ish)
  • Rock him and have him finally in bed around 9:00-9:15
  • Then I get a blissful 45 minutes before I need to go to sleep (around 10:00)
  • Parker starts fussing around 2:00, but he makes it until about 3:00 before he really wants fed (so I lay in bed listening to him)
  • Feed Parker at 3:00 (then burp, and walk with him upright for about 20-30 minute so he doesn't spit up his food and read a bit)
  • Lay there in bed reading for a few minutes to make sure he goes to sleep
  • Parker sleeps for about 45 minutes before he starts fussing from pain
  • burp/hold/bounce and sometimes sleep until around 6:00 and sometimes read
  • Feed at 6:00 (by now it's light out and more difficult for him to go to sleep)
  • give him the paci to try and get him to go back to sleep for 2 more hours (he doesn't keep it in, so I lay there and put it in every few minutes and usually read)

So I don't know if you picked up on it...but basically my only time to sleep is until 2:00 and I read A LOT! and then I'm dealing with an incredibly gassy/uncomfortable baby the rest of the night. Once a week or so when I've reached my limit, I get Andrew up to help me so I can get another hour or so of sleep.  I'm a walking zombie these days. I've come to the understanding that I just have fussy babies. With lots of prayers, i'm able to handle that fact. Sometimes I just catch myself staring at my kids and I'm amazed at the blessings they are.  These 2 kids completely rely on me. Heavenly Father sent them into our home and I'm truly greatful and humbled by that. It's hard sometimes, but I wouldn't change a thing. I love the little things they do that make me laugh. They light up my life.

1 comment:

  1. i think you are the most patient mom i know. it is so touching. your boys are lucky.
    and just for the record.. you look sooo much like your mom in that new picture you put at the top of your blog. i love it!

    ReplyDelete