Sunday, October 17, 2010

DATE NIGHT

Francisca and Jason told me early on in the week "Tara, we're taking Colby Saturday, and you ARE going on a date" so basically, i had to go. i was SO nervous to go, i didn't know if Colby was going to fall asleep for them or if he was going to take the bottle. I told them I'd think about it and let them know, but of course i decided i could trust them with Colby for a couple hours and that he'd be JUST fine. Afterall - Jason is a master at putting him to sleep and Colby has a huge crush on his auntie francisca, so i knew they could handle it. I was just praying that he wouldn't be a pill for them.

Andrew and I took off for our great amazing adventurous date. We tried a new restaurant (new to us) called Gringos (yeah you've probably all heard of it). Turns out it was very delicious. We didn't want to venture too far out of Rexburg just in case Colby wouldn't eat from them, so we stuck around town. and what could be a better date than to go to Walmart! Yes that's right, our first date night in MONTHS and we head to Walmart so i could go shopping without Colby. It was very relaxing though, and i didn't have to worry that Colby would get fussy halfway through my shopping. We were gone just 2 hours (you gotta start small). Turns out Colby was AMAZING! He fell asleep so good for them, and we got back before they had to feed him so they didn't have to try to tackle that obstacle. It really made me feel so much better to leave him more often (maybe like once a month - i missed him!)

1 comment:

  1. YAY! I am SO proud of you! That first date is hard :( I know it was for me! Now I jump on any opportunity to go out without the munchkin! I am so glad you have family there that can watch him. It's so much easier to leave him with family :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete