Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A week of SUN

This last week I was in Arizona to see my mom, dad, and sister, and all the rest of my family that lives down there. I was sad to leave my husband, especially since i was gone over his birthday, but it was so great to get out of the house and to actually be WARM for a week.
My parents are huge into hiking the mountains around their house for a work out every day, so i joined them. I felt i was in pretty good shape since i've been working out for an hour everyday, but it turns out my feet weren't prepared for the intense hiking. We would be gone for 3-3.5 hours every day hiking up and down the mountains. The first couple days i was limping because i was so sore, but my legs got used to the hiking, and then it turns out i was limping because of all the blisters that accumulated on my feet. After about 10 minutes of hiking they got used to the walking to my feet didn't hurt during the hike, just afterwards. I really enjoyed it though, there are so many pretty views out there!
Friday night just as I was getting up to get ready for bed, Andrew calls me so i decided to lay down on the couch and talk to him for a bit. a few minutes into the conversation i look over and in the darkness i see a man that looked an aweful lot like dan. i even said to myself "man that looks so much like Dan." and then i realized, there wasn't anyone else in the house, that had to be Dan! and then i saw his wife Brittany right behind him followed my dad, mom, and kami. Those little stinkers knew they were coming and were lying to me all day about why i had to change rooms and blah blah blah. but i was so excited to see them! i couldn't believe they came down from Cali to surprise me!
On Saturday the girls went out shopping while they guys golfed and my mom kept saying "we need to get going, we're running late." Yes i thought it was strange, but i thought she just wanted to get back to the house REALLY early to clean before our dinner party at 4:30, so i didn't ask any questions and just went along with it. When we got back home I opened the door to see Julia, Emily, Aunt Marla, and Grandma all sitting on the couch with presents in the center of the room. I was in complete shock! I was NOT expecting a baby shower at all! So once again my family proves to be VERY good at lying, and I prove to be completely Naive. Since I don't know if i'm having a boy or a girl yet, all my gifts were very gender neutral...exept my Grandma's. Apparently she had a reason for getting me boy clothes, but forgot that reason once it came up at the shower. She just said those little blue clothes that said "daddy's little sport" were "gender neutral" we all had a good laugh about that! I had a great shower and was so happy to see everyone.
All in all it was a great week. I'm so happy i went, but I am also very happy that I am home again with my husband, and to finally give my feet the rest they need. :)

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh, how fun to have a surprise baby shower down there! It looks like you had a great time, and I'm so glad. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tara, you look so cute...can't even believe your prego...you can't tell a bit! Hope your doing good.

    ReplyDelete