Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The big 2.7.

I'm beginning to enjoy my birthday each year more and more.  As the years went by, I wasn't a fan of getting older, birthdays were just another day to me. Now, I welcome by birthday with open arms.  Who wouldn't enjoy a day that is dedicated to you (and Ellen DeGeneres - whom I think should give me a birthday present).  I enjoy the "happy birthdays" i get, and people doing things for me.  Just this one day.
 
My parents drove the 8 hours up from Arizona for my birthday (or was it to see the grandkids? i can't remember - they did almost forget to give me a hug before they left).  They are so amazing and sacrificed their time to watch the kids for us while Andrew and I went out.  I had made plans to get a couples massage for both of us because I'm so stressed with the kids all the time and Andrew is so stressed with work and studying that I figured it would be wonderful for us to do this together.  I'm sure it would have been.  We showed up to get our massage right on time and the lady had completely forgotten about our appointment.  There was only one person there.  That just simply wont do for a couples massage.  She asked if we wanted to wait half an hour, but neither of us wanted to, so we left.  A little sad, but now i have extra money in my pocket :)  We just went out to lunch instead and walked around Target (funny we found ourselves looking at little kids clothes, you just can't get away from kids).
 
bonus:
because we didn't make it to our massage, we just happened to be on the street at the same time as this person. Andrew said he would buy this limo.  I sure hope he wouldn't spend our money on this. (note the bull horns on the front)
 
 
I had a fantastic birthday, thank you to everyone who helped make it special. Love you all!
 
Here's a little video clip for your enjoyment
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Aww, I so wish we lived closer! I love that video, what a sweet little boy! :) And I hope that you had a great birthday!! :)

    ReplyDelete