Thursday, April 19, 2012

mother of two

After having family in my home for over a week after Parker was born, I started to get a bit worried about what life would be like with a crazy, wild, adventurous almost 2 year old and a newborn baby.  While having company here I felt that at least one person always had to man Colby to make sure he wasn't sneaking outside and running into the street, or just to meet his "help pweese" needs.  Andrew's parents left Monday morning and my parents aren't getting here again (they were here last week but headed to Arizona to pack everything up for the winter) so I have had 2 days with these two crazy kids by myself.  Honestly...not that bad!  Colby is becoming more independent and doesn't need me by his side constantly, although still needs me there most of the time, but at least i'm able to take care of Parker just fine.

Colby is such a good big brother.  He loves to give Parker kisses and squeezes and make sure he has his blanket on.  He's really good about being soft with him and not to hit him.  With everyone coming and going Colby has pretty much been the center of attention and has gotten VERY spoiled, but i'm so greatful for my family and Andrews family being able to spend some time with us helping us out.


Parker is definitely the opposite of Colby, which has thrown me for a loop since I know how to deal with Colby, I'm completely at a loss with Parker.  He has his night and days switched around which makes for two tired parents who get about 3-4 hours of sleep at night.  Luckily Andrew is very good about helping me out.  With Colby he never had to because he would sleep just fine at night, but Parker is a different story.  He eats about every 2-3 hours, and 1 1/2 to 2 hours of that we are trying to get him to go back to sleep.  Nights aren't fun.  Hope he figures it out soon though so his parents can get their sanity back.  I also think he might have some sort of acid reflux problem, he'd be asleep on me and as soon as i lay him down he struggles breathing either from a burp or spit up.  Poor guy looks like he's in so much pain.  Luckily with the lack of sleep I get to take a nap every day, poor Andrew has to go to work.  We do know that Parker is eating very well though, which relieves some pressure off me to make sure this little guy is getting enough.  Nursing is NOT FUN, at least not in the beginning.  There have been many tears, but I think we're both getting the hang of this nursing thing and my pain is going away, and Parker now weighs 5 lbs 11 oz, so he's gained 6 oz since his last appt a week ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment