Wednesday, July 20, 2011

I have a 1 year old!

I can't believe how fast this year went! Colby is 1! He is such a joy to have around. He sure keeps me busy! For his birthday he had lots of family in town! Bob and Diana came down for the weekend, and my parents were also able to come down, Dan and Brittany came up from LA for the weekend too! Dan's birthday was a few days before, so we had a little combined birthday party celebration. We had so much fun that day!






We went swimming. The pool was pretty cold, but Colby handled it pretty well.


Ate cake. Actually the rest of us ate cake. Colby just stared at his.

and opened presents. lots and lots of presents.

then checked out Dans new ride

I love having a little 1 year old. He is showing that he understands me more and more. I can ask him where something is (only a couple things) and he'll go over to it. He even started signing a couple things out of the blue. I hadn't taught him anything since he was like 9 or 10 months because he didn't seem to be paying attention, and all of a sudden he starts signing. He loves putting things in boxes and taking them out. He loves trying to walk. Loves taking things out of the fridge and trying to put them back in. and loves the dishwasher. He "talks" all the time, but of course it never makes sense.


I'm so glad and grateful that my parents, brother and sister-in-law, and in-laws were able to make the trip to be here for Colby's birthday. It really meant a lot to me that they were here.

1 comment:

  1. I cant believe you have a 1 year old!! Such a beautiful family :)

    ReplyDelete