Monday, January 10, 2011

living in the armpit

Whenever i told someone we were moving to Bakersfield they gave me that pitiful look followed by "i'm so sorry" or "hope you aren't staying there long" or "have you heard that it's the armpit capital of the world?". well let me tell you, I LOVE IT!! We are in a good location, in a very friendly ward and there is a TON of shopping to do just a mile up the road (such an improvement from Rexburg). I would never guess it's the armpit capital of the world, there's a lot to do here! Moving down here, there are a few things i've learned:

  • Colby travels incredibly well
  • I'm sick of driving
  • Target makes me happy
  • Our upstairs neighbors are definitely NOT lds (the eminem blasting at midnight while she got ready to go clubbing gave that away)
  • I love our new apartment
  • I have the best parents and parent-in-laws
  • Cheez-its taste good with chocolate

If you're anything like me, you love looking at different apartment/homes. so here are some pics...


(i realize the garbage can is not located in the kitchen...there is no room)






5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! You got your sectional! I love it! Thanks for the pics! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!!!! thanks for the pictures!!!!! And just remember if people complain at Bakersfield remember i was born there and i turned out ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you didn't keep that floral sofa?! sad haha. that new one looks real nice. i'm glad you are enjoying the armpit. i always forget that you don't live below me anymore. i always notice that your car isn't here, so i assume you and colby are just out running errands. but...you're not. you are very far away. you're missed! tell colby chet says hi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. tara- text me at 515 537 7114- I was raised in bako for 15 years and I can totally hook you up. :) I need to know where you are located there? what ward are you in? need the details. both my sisters stay home with a baby too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. why yes, your ward does rock ;)

    ReplyDelete