Thursday, March 24, 2011

Happenings

Just a little update of the family -

Andrew is three weeks away from finishing his internship at CBIZ. He loves it, and i'm so happy for him that he works with great people. He's working long, hard hours, and sometimes doesn't get home until after 8 or 9. He received an informal offer there, so we're just waiting for his formal offer to make it official that we'll actually be LIVING in Bakersfield for a few years. How crazy. After his internship we're going to Cabo for a week with my parents. I can't wait! Colby and I got our passports last week, and Andrew already had his, so it's official. We can go! Not sure what is happening after Cabo, but I think we'll be headed up to Oregon for a few weeks to relax before he starts work (which i also don't know when he starts either). We're looking into buying a house here, it's one thing to look at houses, and it's another to actually BUY a house. Right now, I enjoy looking. I'm not sure if i'm ready to buy a house, but it's gotta happen sooner or later!

I've started crocheting again. Problem is that i crochet a bunch of stuff and end up putting it in a box. i mean who needs 20 different baby beanie's and 10 shoulder bags? but i love to crochet, so i do it anyway. That's pretty much what i do, Crochet and watch a baby. it's awesome.

Colby has 8 teeth now! he just got 2 more teeth this last week, it's insane. he's had 6 teeth pop through this last month. He's such a fun baby. Of course there are his bad moments too... like him wanting to move everywhere and not being able to crawl. i really want him to start moving, everyone tells me to enjoy this time when he's not moving, but yeah i'm ready for him to move because he pretty much fusses until i pick him up and take him to where he wants to go. BUT that's just the way things are, and i'm trying to enjoy this time that he actually wants me around and needs me! On another note, i've been debating with myself whether or not i should blog about this or not because it's been a wonderful 2 months and i don't want to jinx it, but COLBY SLEEPS NOW! yes that's right, he sleeps! I've struggled with him taking naps for 6 months and one day it finally clicked and i'm in heaven! i had tried almost everything to get him to sleep, i didn't want to leave him in there to cry because i've tried it before and it didn't work, but this one morning he wouldn't stop crying and i was trying to rock him to sleep and i was losing my patience, so i put him in his crib while he was crying because i just needed a break, so i took a shower and before i got out he was asleep! i was shocked. ever since then it's been bliss! now i put him in his crib and he smiles at me and then rolls over and falls asleep. don't get me wrong, it's not perfect everytime and i don't just let him cry when he obviously needs me, but it's a HUGE relief for me. Colby and I now have a much better relationship :)


Here are some cute pictures from tonight, he was fussy when he's on the floor by himself, but loves being in the laundry basket, especially with his sock.

2 comments:

  1. your little family is so sweet :) Colby is getting so big! I am excited to hear if you guys end up staying in CA and buy a house! so exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should look into opening an etsy shop. you could do what you love and make a little money too!

    ReplyDelete